Habit Trackers. How + Why They Work
You’ve set an intention, and now you need a habit tracker to help you with the follow-through.
Habits are called habits for a reason: They’re your inherent, automatic, go-to behaviors; and the only way to build new habits is through routine.
Habit trackers like the ones we offer at M N M L S T. help you develop good habits + accomplish your goals by creating accountability. If you have a goal in mind and are wondering how to use a habit tracker to help you get there, you’ve come to the right place.
Habit trackers come in many formats such as calendars, check lists or dot grids, and they’re all essentially a way to help you keep track of your habits by recording each time that you’ve accomplished a task. Unlike a simple to-do list, however, habit tracking can be used to break bad habits, build new habits, or even keep track of tasks you’re already doing.
Above all, habit trackers allow you to become more mindful of your behaviors and encourage consistency + self-accountability.
Now that you know what a habit tracker is, let's harness the power of visualization to learn how to use a habit tracker to lead you to your goal.
Habit tracker ideas
How you use your habit tracker is completely up to you! Whether you want to kick-start a new self-care routine or simply keep track of how long you’ve gone without biting your nails, there are plenty of tasks + behaviors you can include.
The first step is goal setting. What do you want to accomplish + how often? Here’s a list of habit tracker ideas to get you started on building a new daily or weekly routine.
Health + Wellness /
- meditate 10 minutes daily
- work out 3 times per week
- drink at least 8 cups water per day
- yoga or pilates 2 times per week
- get in 10,000 steps a day
- take all my vitamins + supplements
- Date night once a week with partner or a friend
- Call family 3 times per week
- Check in with a friend daily
- Weekend coffee or lunch date
- Enjoy a weekly family dinner
Mindset + Growth /
- Listen to a productive + informative podcast daily
- Start + finish one book a month
- Learn a new language for 15 minutes daily
- Practice gratitude daily
- Go to bed by 10
- Avoid social media for at least one hour after you wake up
Consistency builds habits. The smallest changes will make the biggest difference. Stick with it! Give habit tracking a try + build those good habits!